Love escape rooms? Why not work in one? See our openings below.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Game Facilitator position reports directly to Managers and Owners, and provides world-class customer service to operate escape rooms in accordance with 21 Keys Escape Rooms’ mission and 5-star reputation. Applicant works directly with customers and is the technical operator for our escape rooms. Applicants must be friendly, resourceful, detail-oriented, tactful, creative, have the ability to handle large groups of people, and maintain a clean and professional appearance.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Greet customers
- Process payments
- Provide pre-gameplay briefings to customers, including house rules and room theme introduction (proprietary – NDA required)
- Operate the escape room experiences for the customers according to the operating plan, including continuous video monitoring, electronic clue delivery, gameplay debrief, and room reset (proprietary – NDA required)
- Take group photos and update social media sites (Facebook and Instagram)
- Maintain appearance of lobby and reception desk
- Perform basic repairs and upkeep of escape rooms (replace/repair locks, print/stock/replace consumables, etc.)
- Handle phone calls and scheduling
- Light data entry
- Light janitorial duties (clean furniture and equipment, empty trash, maintain restroom, dust, clean windows, sweep, mop, etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned by Managers and Owners
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT REGULARLY USED: computer, cell phone, printer, Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides), video equipment, gameplay software, booking software
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: General office environment with a mix of sitting, standing, and walking. Potential for eye strain and repetitive motion during peak periods of computer usage. Occasional work performed in areas of low light. Quick movements to “reset” escape rooms for next customers. Lifting and moving light furniture and props (maximum 20 pounds). Potential for high intensity and stressful periods during peak business hours.
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION: 15-20 hours/week, primarily nights and weekends. Schedule will be approximately: Friday midday and/or evenings, Saturday midday and/or evenings, and Sunday midday and/or evenings. Additional hours and times may vary depending on business needs and holidays (we are open most holidays). Location: 3362 Templeton Gap Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
STARTING COMPENSATION: $14.00/hr, but DOE
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1 year of customer service and payment processing.
Skills: Public speaking, excellent customer service skills, extreme attention to detail, and a high level of computer/technical/typing skills. Able to perform job activities with minimal supervision, a high level of focus, a positive attitude, and adherence to a set schedule.
Have questions? Ready to apply? Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, 3 references, and resume. You must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) if asked to interview.